SHORT HISTORY OF A GREAT TRADE FAIR
FIERA ROMA was inaugurated in April 2006, and it represents one of the largest and most prestigious exhibition pole in Europe. It is a great architectural work, designed by architect Tommaso Valle, and it is an excellent futuristic business and liaison hub. Rome is a world renowned tourist destination, as well as a very important business centre strategically placed in the middle of economic flows between the north and south of Italy and Europe. A Mediterranean capital in its own right, bridge between old and new markets, equipped with modern and functional structures. Fiera di Roma is located in a strategic position, served by an excellent transport network, which makes it easy to reach. Fiera di Roma has a multifunctional trade fair district on over 390,000 sqm. The extreme versatility of the structures, which were designed to host even more events at the same time, the efficiency of the offered services, the state-of-the-art technologies as well as the great organisation, make it the ideal place for national and international exhibitions, professional meetings, and business liaisons.
AN IMPORTANT EXHIBITION HUB FOR NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
Fiera di Roma is the only place in Rome that is able to combine high-level exhibition and congress events. Fiera di Roma has an events calendar in constant evolution. The growing interest of the organisers finds the answer in a wide choice of spaces, from congress halls, to pavilions, to outdoor areas, which can be adapted according to specific needs:
- 10 rectangular one-floor pavilions, column-free, fully cabled, with air conditioning and with Wi-Fi 40,000 sqm of outdoor areas
- A Congress Centre with halls from 50 to 1,070 places, with overall 3,000 places
- Restaurants, bars, bank counters, tobacconists, medical centre, police office
- Fiumicino international hub, which will facilitate the participation from visitors coming from other regions and/or countries
- Train stop, directly connected to the Trade Fair District, with possibility of ad-hoc stops of the Leonardo Express train from Termini and a direct connection with Tiburtina train station
- 2 wide parking areas
- 3 and 4 star hotels nearby, offering special tariffs
- Organisation of leisure activities and tourist packages
- The strategic location of Fiera Roma makes it possible to easily arrive from other Italian regions and from the major European capitals
FIERA ROMA PROUD TO BE SUSTAINABLE.
Renewable energy has arrived at the new trade fair pole of Rome. By using new-concept technology solutions, Green Utility SpA has developed, in partnership with Fiera Roma and Investimenti SpA, the largest thin-film solar system in Italy and one of the largest existing ones in the world covering around 38,000 sqm of roofs of the pavilions of the new trade fair hub of Rome.
Besides producing 1.8 million kWh/year, which is equivalent to the annual electrical consumption of more than 600 families, with an investment of around 10 million euros, the system will make it possible to prevent the emission in the atmosphere of 1,000,000 Kg/year of CO2.
This is possible thanks to the use of a particular type of solar panel, known as THIN FILM. The thin film, thanks to its flexibility and very light weight compared to traditional solar panels, made it possible to develop a solar panel system that is perfectly integrated with the innovative architecture of Nuova Fiera.